James: You guys have different challenges. Kerby’s is getting in the calories, and that’s a lot of work. I don’t know if you’ve ever tried it but trying to force down that many calories a day is tough.
Kerby: Especially now that I’m taking my Adderall.
James: Oh you’re back on it?
Kerby: Ya I got my prescription. My mom sent it to me.
James: Does it take away your appetite?
Kerby: I was sitting yesterday eating my lunch and lunch is right at the peak of my medicine, right when it’s most effective. So I was sitting there and I was like, “Man, I don’t feel like eating.”
Once James learns this, he takes it upon himself to teach Kerby more about the drug he was taking, so the two do a simple Google search.

James: (reading from computer) What is Adderall? It’s a combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. So let’s go to a new tab. (reading from computer) Amphetamines, i.e. speed.
Kerby: That’s exactly what you said. It’s straight speed.
James: Crazy, right? Does it give you a different perspective?
Kerby: Ya, it definitely does.
James: So, now that you know you’re taking speed, hard to look at it the same way, right? (reading from computer) Why do stimulants like amphetamine, meth, coke, Ritalin, and ephedrine substantially decrease appetite?
Kerby: It falls into a category with meth and coke? That’s crazy. Seeing my medicine that my doctor prescribed me lined up with meth and coke in the same sentence?
James: (reading from computer) Adderall and weight loss, what you need to know. People who take the medication for long periods of time are likely to experience loss of appetite, weight loss and muscle weakness.
What will Kerby do with this information? Will he continue to take his medication? Watch the full episode above to find out.