US Sports Net Today!


Live Play-by-Play, Updates, Highlights and More! on US Sports Network!
[Chrome Users-You may have to click on the play button twice to listen]
US Sports Network Powered By Beast Sports Nutrition!




US Sports Radio
The Las Vegas Raiders Play Here
Fitness and Sports Performance Info You Can Use!
The Scoreboard Mall
The Rock Almighty Shaker Of Heaven And Earth!
The Coolest Links In The Universe!

Friday, April 19, 2019

Grace Norris College Hockey Recruiting Video 2020 Presented by CoachTube & StrengthCoach!


Presented on US Sports Net By CoachTube and StrengthCoach.com!


Here is an Ice Hockey Coaching Resource From CoachTube!


NicoleUliasz

Description

Learn the essential skills necessary for being a youth hockey coach in this detailed overview. In this instructional coaching course, pro hockey player and youth coach Nicole Uliasz uses firsthand demonstrations to teach the basic hockey techniques for beginners......Learn more......
Ice Hockey Strength and Conditioning From StrengthCoach.com!
Program- Off Season GPP
Joel Jackson
This is a GPP phase that I recently had my men's and women's varsity hockey teams complete as their first mesocycle of the off-season.
This is a general one that I gave to the men's team where some things needed to be altered/changed depending on the individual.
This what I have them doing as part of their warm-up in the program above. Join StrengthCoach.com to watch the video.....

The In-Season Guy

Sean Skahan 
I remember one of the first days when I started working with a professional hockey team very clearly. One of our players said hello to me and then handed me a 3 ring binder with 200+ pages included.
“This is my in-season program. Could you carry it with you and give it to me when I need it? My trainer wants me to do it this year.”
I paused and said “I don't know you and you don't know me, but the answer is NO. We will have a strength and conditioning program in place here and that is what we are going to do” (Internally, I was thinking of other options he could do with that 3 ring binder).
My first impression of this interaction was man, what did I get myself into.
In the professional sport environment, players are used to people saying yes to everything that they ask for. It doesn't matter if they want sock tape or if they want to do what THEY think is best for them in the gym. They are conditioned to get their own way from support staff members.
I came from a collegiate hockey team background. In that situation, I had the opportunity to operate a strength and conditioning program the exact way I wanted it to go. The entire team trained together year-round. We had team lifting sessions at specific times on certain days. We also had team stretching/warm up sessions prior to practices and games and team cool down sessions after practices and games. Players were rarely late for workouts (if they were, there was an appointment with an airdyne bike or the step mill- the old school one with the revolving steps) and they did exactly what I asked and coached them to do.  The head hockey coach valued what I did and supported the program 100%. For me, this is how I believed team strength and conditioning should be.
When I began my first job in professional hockey, I took that same belief system with me.
I wanted to bring those same concepts and apply them to the professional environment. I believe that good players embrace a structured environment where they want someone guiding them in the right direction to help them and ultimately the team play better.   The reality is, this approach doesn't always work in the professional environment without some give and take. In my opinion, today's professional athletes want to have some say in what is going on- especially when it comes to their own bodies. The key is to allow them to have some say as long what they want fits the philosophy of your program.
When I first arrived to the training facility, there were machines all over the place. We had......Join StrengthCoach.com to keep reading.....

No comments:

Post a Comment