US Sports Net Today!


Live Play-by-Play, Updates, Highlights and More! on US Sports Network!
[Chrome Users-You may have to click on the play button twice to listen]
US Sports Network Powered By Beast Sports Nutrition!




US Sports Radio
The Las Vegas Raiders Play Here
Fitness and Sports Performance Info You Can Use!
The Scoreboard Mall
The Rock Almighty Shaker Of Heaven And Earth!
The Coolest Links In The Universe!

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

This Big 10 Update On US Sports Net Presented by StrengthCoach Featuring: Steve Pikiell Interview | Rutgers | Big Ten Men's Basketball

Rick Pizzo is joined by Rutgers head basketball coach Steve Pikiell to talk about their recent success and what's ahead for the team. [Video and More Below]

Presented by StrengthCoach.com!

NBA Strength and Conditioning: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Michael Irr 
I'm often asked about my experiences in the NBA and what it's like being a strength coach in the league. Well, here's my best shot at giving you the good, the bad, and the ugly of being an NBA strength coach.

Training

The Good: In the NBA, you see just about everything. I've worked with a couple seven footers, as well as a few guys who would barely scratch six feet in shoes. I've coached players who would sleep in the weight room and those who avoided it like the plague. I've seen the crazy strong, the surprisingly weak, and everything in between. I've worked with 19-year old rookies and 12-year veterans on the edge of retirement.
The diversity of each season was always fun to me. I loved solving the puzzle of each player and trying to figure out how to make my athletes feel and perform better. Managing personalities and motivating them to take care of themselves is challenging, but rewarding.
The Bad: Every off-season our guys would go off to wherever NBA players go in the off-season. My experience is that if you're a big market team (like Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, or Miami), more of your players will remain in the area during the off-season. Small market teams are not always so lucky. Either way, some of your players may be in the hands of private trainers. Some are great. Some are not so great...........Join StrengthCoach.com to access full articles, videos, forums with thousands of Coaches from around the world and more!
click me

No comments:

Post a Comment