US Sports Net Today!


Live Play-by-Play, Updates, Highlights and More! on US Sports Network!
[Chrome Users-You may have to click on the play button twice to listen]
US Sports Network Powered By Beast Sports Nutrition!




US Sports Radio
The Las Vegas Raiders Play Here
Fitness and Sports Performance Info You Can Use!
The Scoreboard Mall
The Rock Almighty Shaker Of Heaven And Earth!
The Coolest Links In The Universe!

Monday, May 23, 2022

Concealed Carry: The Last Thing I Thought Would Happen – Responding to the Bump In the Night

 

by  

We talk a lot about knowing how you would respond in a wide variety of incidents. A reader experienced a high-stress event and wanted to share his experience and the lessons he learned from it. He sent this post in, and we thought you might want to read it.

Enjoy.


When my phone rang at 2:30 am Sunday, I expected it to be the hospital operator. But my next-door neighbor's name popped up. It must be some kind of medical emergency, I thought. Then I answered.


‘Please help me. Someone is trying to break down my back door,' Jason said breathlessly. ‘I've already called the police.' The abject terror in his voice was palpable.

‘I'll be right there,' I reassured him.

I briefly considered my weapon choice. The M4? The AR? No, both are in the gun safe. Retrieving them would cost me time. Jason has a wife, a newborn, and two school-age children. Time was critical. Instead, I slid the Fort Knox safe out from under the bed, unlocked it, and grabbed my home defense pistol.

‘What's going on?' my wife asked.

We went to the back door after I told her, turned on the floodlights, let the dog out, and walked onto my back porch. I had a clear view of Jason's back door.

Rex jumped on top of the retaining wall and started barking.

I activated the Streamlight and saw a 20 something white male with dark hair and beard, dressed in a rumpled suit. He had just finished kicking the bottom of the door and was bent over selecting a rock, undoubtedly getting ready to smash the glass.

dog

The dog got his attention. He is a hound dog with a pleasant baritone voice.

‘Is there a wedding here?' He asked, a bit too loudly as I covered him with the light.

‘No. There is no wedding. You are at someone's house. It's 2 am. The cops are on the way. You need to walk to the road,' I instructed him.

‘Which way is that?'

I gestured.

‘I can't see you,' He said. ‘I'm here for the wedding.'...Keep reading.......

No comments:

Post a Comment