US Sports Net Today!


Live Play-by-Play, Updates, Highlights and More! on US Sports Network!
[Chrome Users-You may have to click on the play button twice to listen]
US Sports Network Powered By Beast Sports Nutrition!




US Sports Radio
The Las Vegas Raiders Play Here
Fitness and Sports Performance Info You Can Use!
The Scoreboard Mall
The Rock Almighty Shaker Of Heaven And Earth!
The Coolest Links In The Universe!

Sunday, June 2, 2019

BBCom Featuring: Signature Moment w/ Myree "Reemix" Bowden



The slam dunk is part physicality, part science, and part improv. Here's what goes through Team Bodybuilding.com athlete Myree Bowden's mind when it's time to defy gravity and kiss the sky.
 ► Shop Bodybuilding Signature Supplements: https://bbcom.me/2ELy6Ts
► All Access 7-Day Free Trial: https://bbcom.me/2ELC92l
► Subscribe to the Channel: http://bit.ly/2DK5lGD

 If you ever notice in my dunk videos, before I go out, I give a little hop. Once I start that hop, it's almost as if I'm zoned in. My body just comes together in order to perform the jump.

 I feel like dunking has become a part of me to the point where if everything's going right, if I get into my mode, the performance is going to be up to par. That's the best thing about repetition; you don't have to think about it. If you do this, then it's a part of you. I've done this so many times to the point where I don't have to think about it. It's improv.

I have a thing where I like to bounce the ball and go and get it. When doing this, you don't know where the ball is going to bounce. Left or right, behind you, in front of you—you make it up as you go.

 I definitely have an idea of what I want to do. I love the windmill. If I'm higher, I can kind of extend and overexaggerate it. It's such a great feeling. It's almost equivalent to maxing out on the bench. You get this feeling where not many people are doing this, and to be able to perform it, you're putting your stamp on it. 

I haven't even grasped the concept of being too old yet. I just love doing it. But dunking really has played a major role in life. It is not really something people take that seriously. That's the one thing about life: whatever means something to you, you just have to do it. You have to do it. It's yours. 

Want to know more about Myree? Check out his podcast episode and his favorite workout for improving your vertical jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment