I don't get this kind of question a lot, but I wish I did. This could be the key component to your winning on the field this season.
It is not an easy concept to convey but we can start with the 'all knowing' Wikepedia short definitions:
* Physical strength, as in people or animals
* Superhuman strength, as in fictional characters
* A common character attribute in role-playing games
Conflict between persons or groups:
* Virtue and moral uprightness
* Courage or fortitude in the face of moral or social pressure
* Persuasiveness of an argument
* Military strength
* Party strengths. See political party
* Strength of materials, ability to withstand an applied stress without failure
o Compressive strength, capacity to withstand axially directed pushing forces
o Tensile strength, maximum stress while being stretched or pulled before necking
o Shear strength, the ability to withstand shearing
* Strength (explosive), the ability of an explosive to move surrounding material
* Field strength, the magnitude of a field's vector
* Signal strength, the magnitude of an electric field at a reference point
Okay that is getting a little brainy. Let me put it this way:
Intensity is when you are doing a heavy barbell squat and you don't think you can do any more reps and do one more rep.
Intensity is when you have to muster that little extra energy that causes a lift, a little more burst of speed, a little higher vertical that you didn't even know you had.
Intensity is hitting harder in the 4th quarter than you do in the 1st quarter of a close game.
In essence intensity is giving everything you got in every workout, every practice, every film study, every class, every exam, every relationship, every day. Maybe this is what Charlie Sheen meant by: "Winning"
Now you can't be very intense on the field if you consider playing Madden all day, all summer long your preparation off the field. Don't give your opponents the decided advantage this season. If a personal trainer or strength coach is not an affordable option, then think again. The US Sports Online Strength and Conditioning System starts at $25 per month! Train online save money, save time, and most of all; be ready to play! Click on the banner below to get started.