US Sports Net Today!


Live Play-by-Play, Updates, Highlights and More! on US Sports Network!
[Chrome Users-You may have to click on the play button twice to listen]
US Sports Network Powered By Beast Sports Nutrition!




US Sports Radio
The Las Vegas Raiders Play Here
Fitness and Sports Performance Info You Can Use!
The Scoreboard Mall
The Rock Almighty Shaker Of Heaven And Earth!
The Coolest Links In The Universe!

Monday, November 26, 2018

Strength Coach Sprint Training as Injury Prevention

.Brock W. FREEMAN1 *, Warren B. YOUNG 1, Scott W. TALPEY1,2, Andrew M. SMYTH 1, Calvin L. PANE3, Todd A. CARLON - November 26, 2018Image result for Tyreek hill gif

This study compared the Nordic Hamstring Exercise and sprinting and, looked at both injury prevention and speed development. Not surprisingly, sprinting benefited both injury prevention and speed development.
As I mentioned in my article last week 36 Years at The Train Station I'm just trying to make a case to include sprinting in the training program:

For Thirty Six Years I Patiently Waited at the Train Station Hoping My Ship Would Come In

Michael Boyle - November 19, 2018
For me, strength and conditioning coaching will always be the lifetime search for the Holy Grail, the perfect program, the  secret. I've said numerous times that the big secret may be that there is no secret.
I've also always said that it's all about training hard, the Tortoise beating the Hare, and slow and steady winning the race.
However, every once in a while, like Indiana Jones, you find a little piece of the treasure map and move a step closer to that ideal program.
This year I realized that the reason my ship never came in was because I was waiting at the train station.
Even though our stated goal was to improve speed and power I kept convincing myself that the key, the big key, was going to be found in the weightroom.
I can't tell you how many athletes we developed that got stronger and more powerful but, marginally faster. We saw vertical jump increases of 12” in both men and women but often comparatively marginal increases in speed.
If you looked at our training, and at training in general, you'd see programs designed to improve vertical jump but, probably not horizontal speed. The reality was that we consistently trained vertically yet somehow expected miraculous horizontal changes.
In the weightroom we consistently pushed down into the ground in hope that we would somehow push forward better. Just look at Olympic lifts, squats and deadlifts, our weightroom staples. The loads are all translated vertically, not horizontally....Join StrengthCoach.com today to see the full article and videos.....  http://bit.ly/StrengthCoachHS

click me

strength and conditioning coach. bodyweight workout, Abs Agility Balance Bicep curls Box jump Calf raises Core strength Deadlift Eccentric strength Endurance Leg extensions Olympics Pushups Skiing Speed Split squat, 

No comments:

Post a Comment