US Sports Net Today!


Live Play-by-Play, Updates, Highlights and More! on US Sports Network!
[Chrome Users-You may have to click on the play button twice to listen]
US Sports Network Powered By Beast Sports Nutrition!




US Sports Radio
The Las Vegas Raiders Play Here
Fitness and Sports Performance Info You Can Use!
The Scoreboard Mall
The Rock Almighty Shaker Of Heaven And Earth!
The Coolest Links In The Universe!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Body Transformation: Liz Coached Herself To A 114 Pound Fat Loss

Online Publishing and Marketing

While in school Liz was tormented because of her weight. Rather than let it rule her life she chose to be proactive. Read on to see how she became a fitness fanatic and lost over 100 lbs!

Vital Stats

Name: Liz Taylor
Email: liz@liztaylortraining.com
Bodyspace: MissAllAmerica

Liz Taylor Liz Taylor
Before:

Age:
19
Height:
5'3"
Weight:
274 lbs
Body Fat:
38-39%
After:

Age:
21
Height:
5'3"
Weight:
160 lbs
Body Fat:
25%

Why I Got Started

Growing up I was extremely overweight and teased for how I looked. My parents were never strict with my diet and were gone a lot so I was free to eat what I wanted. Consequently, I found comfort in junk food. If I had a bad day, I wanted to eat. If I had a good day, I wanted to eat. Food was my emotional support.
When I started high school the teasing became almost unbearable. I was walked to class by the Student Resource Officer because students would yell names at me, throw objects at me, and would even block me from entering into school through the doors. When I finally graduated and started college, the weight grew even more out of control. I was buying fast food in-between classes and staying up late at night eating junk food while working on papers.
I began to loathe my reflection so much that I would shower with the lights off so I would not have to see myself in the mirror. If I ever went shopping for new clothes, I would be in the dressing rooms for 10-15 minutes.

My final breaking point was in the middle of a Monday afternoon, I was 19 years old, at the doctor's office, and I had an epiphany. It was as quick as that. I thought to myself, "I am only 19 years old. Do I want to set the foundation of my adulthood of being overweight and hating how I look?"
I was ready to be healthy, happy, and enjoy life so I knew I had to make a change. I wanted to know what it was like to look at myself and be proud. I wanted to know what it was like to not find so much happiness in food, but find happiness in me as a person. I wanted to know what it was like to not have to shop in plus size clothing and be excited to go shopping. I never envisioned myself being fit so I was ready to push myself and make a change in my life forever.

How I Did It


I began to research and read everything on fitness and nutrition that I could. Countless magazines and books were bought and incalculable hours were spent surfing the internet. I watched ample instructional videos to look for specific moves for different body parts and made sure I learned the correct form.
All while doing this I made sure I took notes and applied everything I was learning in my meal preps and my exercise regimen. When I went to the gym if I saw a man or woman I admired or saw them doing an exercise I was interested in, I would simply go up to them and say "My name is Liz and I am trying to lose weight. I am very interested in that exercise I saw you doing, could you please teach me how to do that?"
Over time I began to learn and understand my body and I found out what works and what does not work for me. I did not have a lot of extra money to spend to have someone train me, so I knew if I truly wanted to change my life, I was going to have to work for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment